Search This Blog

Thursday 20 October 2011

Proud of my child are you and why?

This morning my little girl had me cutting out little characters she had drawn to take into school to sell and raise money for Cystic Fibrosis, because she cares more about her cousin than money and possessions.

I cannot say how proud I am of her, my heart sank and that wonderful moment of pride covered me like a warm blanket on a cold winters day. Even though her Dad said no to asking her teacher if she could sell these characters to raise money for this charity, she said "ok Dad I will do it!" That's my girl! I have taught her well.

Below are some characters she created of her very own. The Vegetable and Fruit pirates.



Does my little girl come from a rich background. No! But compared to some children in the world we are rich, because we have a roof over our head. I would say out of all her friends she is the worst off financially and health wise. But she is rich in other ways. She would rather have me at home than working a full time job than not be their for her. And she gets very upset when she is ill with Asthma and I have to go to work in fear of losing my part time job, which just pays some bills. Here she is talking about the damp in our house and little Jodie her cousin who has Cystic Fibrosis. She is wearing a mask because Cyber Bullies.



I will keep on supporting Little Snowflake and get the damp sorted
so she can have an art room. She deserves it!



What has your child done that makes you proud?

www.butterflylullaby.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment